Not that it was beautiful, but that, in the end, there was a certain sense of order there; something worth learning in that narrow diary of my mind, in the commonplaces of the asylum where the cracked mirror or my own selfish death outstared me . . .I tapped my own head; it was glass, an inverted bowl. It is a small thing to rage inside your own bowl. At first it was private. Then it was more than myself. --Anne Sexton

Friday, June 12, 2009

you applied where?!

I applied online for a teaching job yesterday. It's in Abu Dhabi which is supposed to be the second richest city in the UAE after Dubai.

Details:
$81 K for the year (Sept-June)
Paid accomodation
Full healthcare
Paid airfare
Sun-Thurs 7:30-2pm

I told my dad and he said "You'll be lucky if you make it back after the year is up. They stone women over there!"

Snoopy: "Lame. Especially for women. You can't eat with men. And you'll have to drive through the desert to a shack to buy booze."

Didi: WHY?

I figure that it will be an experience, but more importantly, one year of teaching abroad will pay off all student debt. *sigh* And I would come back to Canada after the contract is up.

Ideally, I would land a job in the GTA, preferably in downtown Toronto. Or somewhere in Canada so I can start contributing to the pension plan. To be honest, I'd be happy supply teaching this coming school year. I need the break.

Time to research Nunavut.

Listening to: Bloc Party - Banquet

1 comment: